TUITION-FREE ONLINE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
A High-Quality Education Powered by K12
2020欧洲杯外围赛Every child has the right to a high-quality education that provides the skills, knowledge, and confidence they'll need to move forward in life. However, not every student succeeds in a traditional school setting. Some students move more quickly than their peers. Others need extra attention.
For these students, K12 offers the ability to attend public school at home.
How does public school at home work?
K12 uses digital technology to provide a rigorous, interactive curriculum and high-quality educational experiences that give students an opportunity to succeed.
How is public school at home the same as a traditional school?
2020欧洲杯外围赛Like brick-and-mortar schools, K12-powered online public schools:
- Are tuition-free* and full time
- Serve students in grades kindergarten through 12
- Have state-certified teachers who provide instruction and support
- Follow a traditional school year
- Adhere to state requirements for assessments
- Award graduates a high school diploma
How is public school at home different from a traditional school?
2020欧洲杯外围赛At K12-powered online public schools:
- Students receive an individually tailored education and one-to-one support.
- Classes do not take place in a building but rather at home, on the road, or wherever there's an internet connection.
Who should consider online education?
Public school at home works for families who want well-rounded, academically successful children. Our students are excited to learn. Many have gone on to well-known colleges and universities across the nation.
K12's acclaimed K–5, middle school, and high school programs provide a personalized education experience for students. Each student has a Learning Coach2020欧洲杯外围赛, typically the student's parent or guardian. The Learning Coach helps keep the student on track with their school work.
Do online students have access to teachers and materials?
Absolutely. Students who attend a K12-powered public school at home can expect:
- Instruction and support from state-certified teachers who are specially trained to teach online
- An Individualized Learning Plan
- High-quality K12 curriculum
- School materials delivered to their doorstep, including textbooks, workbooks, and hands-on materials**
- One-to-one support by school staff
- Access to a variety of student activities such as online clubs and contests, as well as support for their parents
Are there different kinds of online schools?
K12-powered online public schools offer a personalized, high-quality education with instruction from state-certified teachers to help children reach their potential. Our schools adhere to the same state testing, school accountability, and attendance policies as traditional brick-and-mortar schools. Students benefit from a rigorous curriculum, and graduates receive a high school diploma. Each school offers multiple opportunities to connect through online clubs, local school activities, and more. We have several types of public schools. The options available to your child2020欧洲杯外围赛 will depend on the state in which you reside.
- Virtual Academies: These are statewide, online public schools available in dozens of states and D.C., offering the K12 award-winning courses, instruction from state-certified teachers, and strong parent and student support to help your child reach their full potential.
- Insight Schools: Insight Schools specialize in helping students overcome obstacles to success in school. Support programs, resources, and experienced teachers and counselors engage and empower students.
- Blended Schools: Blended schools, offered in select states, are a little different than attending public school at home. A blended school has an onsite location that students attend a few days a week. The number of in-person learning days vary by blended school. The schools use the K12 program and curriculum, These full-time public schools combine the best of online education with a traditional setting.
- Destinations Career Academies: Destinations Career Academies and Destinations Career Programs give students an education that prepares them to be career-ready and college-ready. Rich courses and extracurricular experiences provide relevant opportunities for students to demonstrate their understanding of real-world applications.
Students also prepare for industry-recognized certification exams in high-demand fields such as Information Technology, Health Science, and more.
- District-Run Programs: K12 teams with many school districts to offer full-time public school at home options that use the K12 and/or K12 also provides district-run programs with the online school learning platform and various levels of support. Students study at home, but may be eligible to participate in local district-sponsored sports and extracurricular activities.
Who Attends Online Public Schools?
There are many types of students who thrive with public school at home:
- Advanced learners looking for an academic challenge
- College-bound students interested in getting a head start on their college education
- Career-minded students wanting to explore in-demand careers
- Military family students who are seeking consistency in their education despite frequent moves
- Athletes, musicians, and others who are pursuing their dreams while in school
- Students who are homebound or undergoing medical treatments and want to continue with their public school education
- Students needing more support academically
- Students whose parents want to be more involved in their child's schooling
How Do I Get Started?
Online public schools powered by K12 are currently available in most states in the U.S. Select your state2020欧洲杯外围赛 for a list of the options available for your family and visit their How to Enroll page to learn more.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided.
**Course materials vary by school and course.