Results, Honors, and Awards
The K12 Academic Report
Each year, the K12 Academic Report provides an overview of the performance of our students and schools.
Honors and Awards
We are proud and grateful for the recognition we receive.
We know that our curriculum and learning programs are working for thousands of students, helping them unleash their true potential. But don't just take our word for it!
ComputED Gazette BESSIE Awards, 2017
2020欧洲杯外围赛ComputED Gazette recognizes innovative products, mobile apps, and websites that represent excellence with Best Educational Software (BESSIE) Awards. These solutions from around the world provide educators and families with technology tools to support learning.
- Summit Curriculum—Winner: Math 6
USDLA International Awards, 2016
The United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the nation's premier distance learning association since 1987, presents annual awards for outstanding leadership. Individuals are recognized for notable achievements as developers of innovative distance learning programs which may have received state or national recognition.
- LearnBop—Platinum Winner: Best Practices Award for Distance Learning Programming
Association for American Publishers REVERE Award, 2016
2020欧洲杯外围赛REVERE Awards identify and honor high-quality resources that educate learners of all ages, across all media, and in various educational environments that may be in or beyond the classroom. The awards program supports the mission of the Association for American Publishers PreK-12 Learning Group to advocate for excellent content in teaching and learning.
- LearnBop—Revere Award Finalist: Supplemental Resources for the Classroom, Mathematics
Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE™ Award, 2016
2020欧洲杯外围赛CODiE™ Awards from the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) recognize exemplary software, digital content, and educational technology. Nominees are peer-reviewed, and recognition is highly coveted. Each win is evidence of product innovation, vision, and impact.
- PEAK Platform—Finalist: Best Cross-Curricular Solution
EdTech Digest Cool Tool Award, 2016
2020欧洲杯外围赛EdTech Digest aims the spotlight on products and trendsetters that are contributing to a transformed market for dynamic educational solutions. Cool Tool Awards recognize new, emerging, and established technology products for 21st century learners.
- K12 Periodic Table of the Elements App—Finalist: Mobile Solutions & Apps
- LearnBop—Finalist: eLearning, Blended Learning, or Flipped Solution
- PEAK Platform—Finalist: eLearning, Blended Learning, or Flipped Solution
ComputED Gazette BESSIE Awards, 2016
ComputED Gazette recognizes innovative products, mobile apps, and websites that represent excellence with Best Educational Software (BESSIE) Awards. These solutions from around the world provide educators and families with technology tools to support learning.
- PEAK Platform—Winner: Teacher Tools/Online Learning Management System
Tech & Learning Awards of Excellence, 2015
Tech & Learning honors innovative software, hardware, network, apps, and web products that have added significant enhancements to high-quality education tools. A panel of more than 30 experts review products to choose winners.
- LearnBop from Fuel Education—Winner: Best Upgrade
Creative Child Magazine Awards, 2015
Creative Child Magazine Award nominees are subject to rigorous review by parents and educators, and only one product per category is selected as a winner. These winning products surpass expectations for products developed to support education and creativity among children.
- xGerms Addition—Winner: App of the Year Award, Educational Game Apps
Parents' Choice Awards, 2015
2020欧洲杯外围赛Since 1978, the Parents' Choice Foundation has served as the nation's most respected nonprofit consumer guide for quality children's media. Parents' Choice Awards honor the best material created for children; less than 20% of product submissions receive recognition.
- Choc It Up (mobile app)—Winner: Parents' Choice Recommended Award
National Parenting Publications Awards, 2015
2020欧洲杯外围赛The National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) is among the most highly regarded awards programs. For 25 years, NAPPA has been recognized as a "go-to" source for families and professionals looking for top-quality products for children.
- Noodleverse (interactive website)—Winner: Bronze Award
- xGerms Addition (mobile app)—Winner: Bronze Award
ComputED Gazette BESSIE and EDDIE Awards, 2015
Annual Education Software Review Awards (EDDIE) and Best Educational Software (BESSIE) Awards from ComputED Gazette recognize innovative and content-rich programs and websites that augment curricula to provide parents and teachers with great technology that promotes educational excellence.
- AP Exam Prep App—Winner: BESSIE Award
- Middle School Language Arts Courses from Fuel Education—Winner: BESSIE Award
- LearnBop—Winner: EDDIE Award
- K12 Periodic Table App—Winner: EDDIE Award
Mom's Choice Awards, 2015
MCA® awards are recognized worldwide as a benchmark of excellence for family-friendly media, products, and services. Parents, educators, and the media look for the MCA Honoring Excellence Seal of Approval when choosing products for children and families.
- xGerms Addition (mobile app)—Winner: Silver Award
- Timed Reading and Comprehension Practice (mobile app)—Winner: Silver Award
U.S. Distance Learning Association Awards, 2015
The United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) presents annual awards for remarkable achievement in virtual and distance learning, honoring products that showcase exemplary content and design.
- AP Exam Prep App—Winner: USDLA Bronze Award
CODiE™ Awards, 2015
2020欧洲杯外围赛The Software & Information Industry Association's CODiE™ Awards recognize extraordinary software, digital content, and educational technology. These submissions are peer-reviewed, and each win is validation of product innovation, vision, and impact. Over the past 29 years, more than 1,000 software and information companies have received CODiE Awards.
- LearnBop—Finalist:, CODiE™ Award for Best Mathematics Instruction Solution
Association of American Publishers REVERE Awards, 2015
The Association of American Publishers (AAP) REVERE Awards represent a prestigious and comprehensive program in the community of learning resources. A Distinguished Achievement Award (DAA) is a notable symbol of excellence in educational publishing.
- New Middle School Science Courses—Finalist: Classroom Solutions, Whole Curriculum
EdTech Digest Cool Tool Awards, 2015
EdTech Digest shines a spotlight on the best and brightest tools, leaders, and trend-setters who are transforming today's dynamic educational solutions. The Cool Tool Awards recognize new, emerging, and established technology solutions for 21st century learners.
- AP Exam Prep App—Finalist: EdTech Digest Cool Tool Award
Creative Child Magazine Awards, 2014
2020欧洲杯外围赛Creative Child Magazine award nominees are reviewed and evaluated by groups of parents, educators, and professionals. Only one product per category is selected as a winner, but finalists receive a prestigious Preferred Choice award. These products exceed expectations based on unique criteria to recognize products focused on education and creativity in children.
- Choc It Up
APP OF THE YEAR AWARD
Educational Game Apps
- EmbarK12 Online
MEDIA OF THE YEAR AWARD
Educational Programs for Pre-Kindergarten
PREFERRED CHOICE AWARD
- Timed Reading and Comprehension Practice
PREFERRED CHOICE AWARD
ComputED Gazette EDDIE Awards, 2014
The Annual Education Software Review Awards from The ComputED Gazette recognize innovative and content-rich programs and websites that augment curricula and provide parents and teachers with great technology to promote educational excellence. Winners are selected from products submitted by publishers worldwide.
- EmbarK12 Comprehensive (Early Elementary, multi-subject website)
- Algebra l (High School, Algebra website)
Mom's Choice Awards, 2014
MCA® awards are recognized worldwide as a benchmark of excellence for family-friendly media, products and services. Parents, educators, and members of the media look for the MCA Honoring Excellence Seal of Approval when choosing products for children and families.
These products received the MCA Silver Award for Online Resources for Children:
- K12 Choc It Up (mobile app)
- EmbarK12 Online (interactive website)
- K12 Noodleverse (interactive website)
Association of American Publishers REVERE Awards, 2014
In 2014, K12 was honored by the Association of American Publishers REVERE Awards, the most prestigious and comprehensive recognition program in the learning resource community. Winning a REVERE Distinguished Achievement Award (DAA) is a sign of excellence in the education industry. Formerly known as AEP Awards, this recognition continues a decades-long tradition of honoring excellence across all resources for pre-K through 12, and adult learners, educators, and administrators. Distinguished Achievement Award Finalists included:
- Algebra 1 for whole curriculum, mathematics
- Forensic Science for whole curriculum, science, health and the environment
Parents' Choice Awards, 2014
Since 1978, the Parents' Choice Foundation has served as the nation's most respected nonprofit consumer guide for quality children's media. Parents' Choice Awards honor the best material created for children; less than 20% of product submissions receive recognition.
- EmbarK12 Online (interactive website) was honored to be chosen as a Parents' Choice Approved Award Winner as an educational website.
- Noodleverse was honored to be chosen as a Parents' Choice Approved Award Winner as an educational website.
- K12 Timed Reading and Comprehension Practice was honored to be chosen as a Parents' Choice Recommended Award Winner as a mobile app.
EdTech Digest Cool Tool Awards, 2014
2020欧洲杯外围赛EdTech Digest Awards shine the spotlight on the best and brightest tools, leaders, and trendsetters who are transforming today's education revolution for the benefit of future generations. Cool Tool Awards recognize new, emerging, and established technology solutions for education.
- K12 Forensic Science was honored to be selected as a Cool Tool Award Finalist for STEM Solutions.
- K12 Algebra I was selected as a Cool Tool Award Finalist for eLearning in Math.
- K12 Choc It Up was selected as a Cool Tool Award Finalist for Mobile App Solutions (elementary).
CODiE Awards, 2014
Awarded by the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA), the CODiE Awards are the only peer-recognized program in the content, education, and software industries. Each CODiE Award win serves as incredible market validation for a product's innovation, vision, and overall industry impact.
- EmbarK12 was honored with recognition as a CODiE award finalist for Best Cross-Curricular Solution.
EdTech Digest Awards, 2013
The EdTech Digest Awards reward the best and brightest minds who are transforming education and technology to enrich the lives of learners everywhere. The Cool Tool Award recognizes new, emerging, and established technology solutions for education.
- EmbarK12 Comprehensive was selected as a Cool Tool Award Finalist as a website for eLearning Solutions.
Parents' Choice Awards, 2013
2020欧洲杯外围赛Established in 1978, the Parents' Choice Foundation is the nation's oldest nonprofit consumer guide to quality children's media. Parents' Choice Award winners are a member of a select group; fewer than 20% of the products submitted receive any level of commendation.
- EmbarK12 Comprehensive was honored to be chosen as a Parents' Choice Approved Award Winner in the category for websites.
Association of Education Publishers Awards, 2013
In 2013, K12 was once again honored by the Association of Educational Publishers (AEP), which honors excellence and supports the development of professional, quality content for education. Winning an AEP Golden Lamp or Distinguished Achievement Award (DAA) is a sign of excellence recognized throughout the education industry. For nearly fifty years, the AEP's Golden Lamp Awards have been one of the education community's most prestigious traditions. Competition is intense, giving the winners the right to call themselves "the best of the best."
- EmbarK12 Comprehensivewas honored to be named one of four finalists for the AEP’s Golden Lamp Award.
- EmbarK12 Comprehensive was also honored to be a Distinguished Achievement Award winner for Whole Curriculum in the Integrated Curriculum Program category.
- K12 Language Arts Orange, a comprehensive program for grade two that provides an interrelated sequence of lessons for students to continue building their proficiency in literature and comprehension, writing skills, vocabulary, spelling, and handwriting, was honored as a DAA winner.
- K12 Probability and Statistics, a dynamic one-semester virtual mathematics course that integrates digital tools with core content in exciting ways, was honored as a DAA finalist.
eSchool News Readers' Choice Awards 2012–2013
2020欧洲杯外围赛eSchool News announces its “Readers’ Choice Awards” each year in a special editorial supplement that highlights the educational technology products and services that have had the greatest impact in schools, as nominated by readers. The reports include comments from readers about why each product or service deserved the award.
- powerspeaK12 world language programs, now part of Middlebury Interactive Languages™, a joint venture between K12 and Middlebury College, was selected to be included in the eSchool News 2012–13 Readers' Choice Awards.
The Software Information Industry Association, CODiE™ Awards
The CODiE™ Awards recognize excellence in the business software, digital content, and education technology industries, and honored K122020欧洲杯外围赛 with the following awards:
- 2012 Finalist CODiE Award: Best Instructional Solution: Middlebury Interactive Languages
(a joint venture between K12 and Middlebury College)
- 2011 Finalist CODiE Award: Best Mathematics Instructional Solution: Math+
- 2011 Finalist CODiE Award: Best Public Virtual School Solution for Students
Association of Education Publishers (AEP) Awards, 2012
In 2012, K12 was once again honored by the AEP Distinguished Achievement Awards which recognize the finest achievements in educational products each year.
AEP Awards are one of the largest and longest-running award programs for educational products. AEP Award recipients are known for their high-quality education content.
- 2012 Distinguished Achievement Award Winner:
Fundamentals of Geometry and Algebra (6th Grade Math)
- 2012 Distinguished Achievement Award Finalist:
Elementary School Language Arts (Kindergarten)
Since 2006, K12 has won many Awards from the AEP. Please scroll down for more details.
District Administration's Readers' Choice Award, 2011
The annual Readers' Choice award program recognizes leaders in education based on nominations from K–12 district-level administrators, superintendents, and senior school district leaders.
Editors of District Administration magazine selected K12 online education curriculum as a 2011 award winner in its annual Top 100 Products competition.
Association of Education Publishers (AEP) Awards, 2011
AEP Awards are recognized as one of the largest and longest-running award programs for educational products. The Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes the year's top educational products in four categories: Curriculum, Periodicals, Professional Development, and Technology. Recognized as the gold standard for educational products, the Golden Lamp Award is presented to only one recipient per year for curriculum quality.
- 2011 Finalist Golden Lamp Award: Math+ Program
- 2011 Finalist Distinguished Achievement Award: Science: Environmental Science course
- 2011 Finalist Distinguished Achievement Award: Science: Virtual Labs/Biology
- 2011 Finalist Distinguished Achievement Award: Technology: Timed Reading Practice
U.S. Distance Learning Association Awards, 2010
The prestigious United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) has presented K12 with multiple awards for excellence in the field of distance learning. The USDLA's International Awards are presented annually to honor those who have achieved extraordinary results in distance learning programs.
K12 won three major awards:
- 21st Century Best Practices Award for our high quality, nationally-recognized online school programs for students in kindergarten through high school. The award recognizes pioneering organizations that have changed distance learning and challenged existing practice by developing new and innovative solutions.
- Outstanding Leadership by an Individual in the Field of Distance Learning Award was awarded to Ron Packard, founder and CEO of K12. This award is given for demonstrated leadership and innovation in a nationally recognized distance learning program.
- Best Practices in Distance Learning Programming Award (bronze medal) was awarded to K12's Honors Earth Science program for its outstanding design and engaging, interactive delivery.
"As a premier organization for the entire distance learning profession, we are honoring K12 as a leader in the industry," said Dr. John G. Flores, CEO of USDLA. "K12 has raised the bar of excellence."
"Congratulations to K12 and Ron Packard," said Reggie Smith III, President of USDLA. "We are truly on the edge of something great and K12 has clearly demonstrated and confirmed the transformative powers of distance learning globally."
"All of us at K12 are proud that our high quality, innovative products and academic services are succeeding for tens of thousands of children in the U.S. and across the world," said Ron Packard. "Online learning is rapidly changing education and its positive impact is evident. Online schools create more parent choice in education, access to individualized learning programs for students, and new opportunities for teachers. K12 is proud to be the national leader in such a dynamic and exciting field, and honored to be recognized by USDLA for our efforts."
To learn more about the United States Distance Learning Association:
AEP Distinguished Achievement Award
The Association of Educational Publishers (AEP) has once again honored K12 with its 2009 Distinguished Achievement Award for our High School Algebra2020欧洲杯外围赛 textbook. We have previously won coveted AEP recognition in History, Science, and Art.
For more than 100 years AEP has supported and promoted the education publishing industry. Their annual awards program honors the best materials and accomplishments in educational products. Judged by peers and experts, the awards provide an objective, authoritative evaluation of the applicant's work. The AEP awards are highly valued, precisely because they are a challenge to win. Any entry goes through two levels of rigorous screenings by experts in each field. A winning text must meet the highest standards in the following four criteria:
- Quality of writing, e.g. appropriate for audience, clear, tight, lively, and consistent
- Educational value
- Audience interest
While K122020欧洲杯外围赛 is well-known for the quality of our online learning curriculum, it is particularly gratifying to receive recognition for the quality of our offline materials as well. Quality that our students benefit from every day!
- 2009 Winner: Algebra I: A Reference Guide and Problem Sets (Grades 9-12)
- 2007 Winner: Earth Science: A Reference Guide (Grades 9-12)
- 2006 Finalist: The Human Odyssey (Middle School History)
- 2006 Finalist: K12 Grade 4 Art
BusinessWeek Names OHVA and PAVCS Top High Schools
Ohio Virtual Charter School (OHVA) and Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School (PAVCS) were named Parent's Choice winners as the best high schools in Ohio and Pennsylvania, respectively by BusinessWeek Magazine in conjunction with GreatSchools.net.
ComputED's Education Software Review Awards, 2007
ComputED's annual target innovative and content-rich programs and websites that provide parents and teachers with the technology to foster education excellence, including augmenting classroom curriculum and improving teacher productivity. Winners are selected from titles submitted by software publishers around the world. Selection criteria include academic content, potential for broad classroom use, technical merit, and subject approach. K12 is honored to have been recognized for its innovative program.
James P. Boyle Award
2007 Winner: Ron Packard, K12 Chief Executive Officer
This year, the James P. Boyle Entrepreneurial Leadership Award was bestowed at the annual Education Industry Association (EIA) conference in Orlando. The award is given to individuals whose achievements in the for-profit education industry serve as guideposts for others starting and building entrepreneurial educational endeavors, and who exemplify the characteristics James P. Boyle represented, including courage and perseverance with an end to improving educational opportunities for children.
Awards for powerspeaK12
- Awarded full accreditation by the Northwest Accreditation Commission, powerspeaK12 is the only independent study world language school with the authority to grant credit to students who complete our K–12 world language courses.
- powerspeaK12 was named to the Inc. 500 list in 2001, receiving straight A's in the area of financial health.
- powerspeaK12 was named as one of the Utah 100 for fastest growing companies in the State of Utah in 2001.
- powerspeaK12 has received the coveted Practical Home Schooling Reader's Choice Award for five consecutive years.
- Awarded by the Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum in 2001, powerspeaK12 has been named as one of the Top 25 Companies in Utah Valley at under $5 million revenue.
- The powerspeaK12 Spanish Children's Course received excellent reviews and was awarded a 2004 Teacher's Choice Award from Learning Magazine.
- The powerspeaK12 French Children's Course received excellent reviews and were awarded 2005 Teacher's Choice Awards from Learning Magazine.